Choose Harvard Pilgrim's
Medicare Supplement Plan
Fill the gaps in your Original Medicare coverage
While Original Medicare pays for some of your doctor and hospital costs, it does not cover everything – such as a variety of coinsurance, copays and deductibles. These are known as “gaps” in Medicare coverage.
A Medicare Supplement Plan (also called a Medigap Plan) from Harvard Pilgrim is designed to fill many of these gaps, and do it at an affordable price, no matter your age.
Which Harvard Pilgrim Medicare Supplement Plan option is right for you?
We currently offer you three different Medicare Supplement Plan options – Medicare Supplement Core Plan, Medicare Supplement 1A Plan and Medicare Supplement 1 Plan – with a choice of premiums and coverage. These options are designed to help you enhance your basic Original Medicare coverage while allowing you to choose the plan premium level that work best for you and your budget.
- Looking for the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement option? Consider Medicare Supplement 1
- Prefer our lowest monthly premium? Consider the Core Plan
- Travel a lot and want Worldwide Emergency Coverage? Both plans have you covered
- Want to avoid Medicare deductibles? Consider Medicare Supplement 1
Our Medicare Supplement Plan options include:
- The choice to go to any Medicare participating physician or hospital anywhere in the country
- The ability to keep the doctor you currently have if they are a Medicare participating physician
- No need for referrals
- Fitness club reimbursement up to $150
$0 copays* for:
- Primary care and specialist visits
- Outpatient service/surgery
- Emergency room care, both in the U.S. and abroad
- Diagnostic procedures, tests and lab services
*Harvard Pilgrim’s Medicare Supplement Core Plan, Medicare Supplement 1A Plan and Original Medicare require that you pay the Part B Deductible before other cost sharing applies.
Note: Medicare Supplement 1 Plan will not be offered to individuals newly eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020.
Many ways to save on healthy products and services
The advantages of being a Harvard Pilgrim member go beyond the high-quality care, reliability and personal support that distinguishes us.
Our discounts and savings programs will help you save on health-related products and services that can enhance your quality of life.
Here are some examples:
Universal Dental Plan membership – provides dental
discounts of 20% to 50% on all procedures from a
network of participating dentists
Eyewear Savings program. Save 35-40% off of frames
at many select vendors
Savings on Hearing Aids. Save up to $200 on each
hearing aid purchased at our select providers
- Jenny Craig, Diet.com discounts and other healthy eating
- Savings on Massage Therapy
- Savings on Acupuncture & Chiropractic Care
- Boston Ski and Sports Club – discounts on membership
- Appalachian Mountain Club – discounts on membership
These savings programs are not insurance products rather, they are discount programs and services designed to help keep members healthy and active. All programs subject to change without advance notice.
Why you want Harvard Pilgrim by your side…
Harvard Pilgrim has more than 35 years of experience providing options for New England’s Medicare beneficiaries. Over the years, we’ve learned how to keep things simple for you with Medicare health plan solutions that fit your needs. Our mission is to improve the quality and value of health care for the people and communities we serve. Want to know more about Harvard Pilgrim Health Care? Call us at 1-844-730-7883 (TTY: 711), Oct. 1 - Mar. 31: 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week Apr. 1 - Sept. 30: 8am - 8pm, Mon - Fri.
New to Medicare? Here’s some quick information to give you a better understanding of your options.